The Minor in Leadership complements a student’s major with courses that develop the ability to function effectively in leadership roles by working productively with people.
|MG 241||Effective Leadership Concepts, Competencies & Character||3|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Managing Diversity in the Workplace|
|Interpersonal Relations in Management|
|Select one of the following Arts and Sciences courses:||3|
|Money, Power, Communication|
|Theories of Persuasion|
|Gender and the Law|
|Race and the Law|
|"Outsiders" and the Law|
|Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Business Ethics: Philosophy of Work|
|Sociology of Work and Organizations|
|Talk at Work|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course not taken at Bentley (from sources such as transfer, IB, AP, course away, non-Bentley study abroad program, etc.) to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.