Minor in Sports Business Management
The Minor in Sports Business Management complements a student’s major with courses that develop the ability to work in all variety of sports-related businesses. Sports businesses and related job opportunities are growing rapidly and this minor and course offerings are expanding every semester.
|Select three of the following business courses:||9|
|The Economics of Sports|
|Sports Public Relations|
Sports-Related Internship (with approval of coordinator)
Sports-Related Special Topics Courses (with approval of coordinator)
|Select one of the following Arts and Sciences courses:||3|
|History of American Sports|
|Sports, Games & Values|
|Sociology of Sports|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.