Minor in Data Technologies
The “information age” has evolved into an era of “big data.” To succeed, Bentley graduates will need interdisciplinary skills sets (notably processes and systems) that will allow them to extract insights from multiple forms of data. Students with majors such as Finance, Corporate Finance and Accounting, Managerial Economics, and others will benefit from the addition of this minor to their Bentley program of study. It will provide an opportunity for them to learn how to manage big data, ensure consistency, create visualizations to aid in understanding, and communicate their results.
|Required courses for minor|
|MA 346||Data Science||3|
|MA 347||Data Mining||3|
|CS 350||Database Management Systems||3|
|Select one additional course from the following:||3|
|Introduction to Programming with Python|
|Time Series Analysis|
|Introduction to Econometrics|
|Intermediate Applied Statistic|
|Introduction to Generalized Linear Models and Survival Analysis in Business|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.