Minor in Philosophy
The Minor in Philosophy is flexible, allowing students to select the courses that interest them. Students can choose to expand their knowledge of applied ethics (including business ethics), ethical theory, political philosophy, metaphysics and epistemology, the philosophy of mind and language, and more.
|Any four courses in philosophy beyond PH 101. Students can take courses from multiple areas within philosophy or in a single area. Examples of course combinations in a single area are:||12|
|Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Disability, Values & Society|
|Metaphysics and Epistemology|
|Contemporary Philosophy: Change and Meaning|
|Theories of Knowledge|
|Theories of Reality|
|Special Topics in Philosophy|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.