Minor in International Affairs
The Minor in International Affairs offers students the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary knowledge of contemporary global issues through the study of international relations, politics, geography and culture. Combined with a business degree, it is well suited for students interested in international affairs.
|One course selected from the following Global Studies (GLS) courses:||3|
|One additional GLS course||3|
|One GLS course at the 200 level or higher||3|
|One three-credit internationally oriented experience (could include short-term travel program)||3|
|Option B, Semester or Summer study abroad:|
|One course selected from the following GLS courses:||3|
|Two internationally oriented courses taken for credit at a partner education institution abroad||6|
|One GLS course at the 200 level or above||3|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.