Arts and Sciences Electives
Arts and Sciences courses will be taken through the Context and Perspectives requirement and the Arts and Sciences electives requirement.
Arts and Sciences courses cover topics in the liberal arts, humanities, natural and applied sciences, social and behavioral sciences, and mathematical sciences. The following course codes and courses are considered Arts and Sciences:
- EMS1, GLS, HI, LIT, MC, MLCH, MLFR, MLIT, MLJA, MLSP, NAS2, PH, SO,
- CS 150, 160, 180, 213, 230, 240, 280, 380 and 480
- EC 282, 321, 331, 333, 341, 343, 351, 362, 370, 382, 425, 483
- HNR 445, 450, 460
- any ID (except ID 209 and ID 306 which are business electives)
- LA 3 courses numbered 100-199
- MA (above 100 level and not including MA 123, MA 123L, MA 126, MA 126L, MA 131, MA 131L)
- SL 120
1 EMS courses include cinema courses, literature courses, writing courses, communications courses, media and culture courses and English and Media Studies courses. Students should read the descriptions of all courses with the subject header of EMS in order to find specific courses in their area of interest. EXP 201, EXP 201L, EXP 202, EXP 202L do not fulfill an EMS Arts and Sciences requirement.
2 NAS (Natural and Applied Science) include psychology courses, natural science with lab courses, and non-lab science courses. Students should read the descriptions of all courses with the subject header of NAS in order to find specific courses covering their area of interest.
3 LA - courses in law numbered LA 200 or above may not be used towards the Arts and Sciences requirements in the Law minor.
Communication Intensive Courses
Courses that satisfy the communication-intensive requirement are indicated in the course schedule each term with a CI designation. Transfer students entering Bentley with 30 or more transfer credits are waived from the Communication Intensive requirement.
Students may take additional business electives as part of a second major or minor. Business courses may not fulfill Context and Perspectives requirements, Arts and Sciences elective requirements or minor requirement where Arts and Sciences courses are specified. Business electives may be used to fulfill the Unrestricted Electives requirement.
The following course codes and courses are considered business electives:
- AC, FI, IPM, MK, PRS, AF, IDCC, MG
- CS: 350, 360, 401, 440, 460
- EC: 224, 225, 232, 270, 271, 272, 273, 275, 311, 315, 333 (prior to Fall 2020), 346, 361, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 381, 391, 402, 431, 441, 454
- HNR 440
- SL 121
- ID 209, 306, 421
- LA1 (200 level or higher) except for LA 402 Fall 17, Fall 18,Fall 19, LA 4150
- Study Abroad courses numbered 4100
1 LA - Courses in law numbered 200 and above may not be used to fulfill the Arts and Sciences requirements in the Law minor.