The Ethics and Compliance minor combines courses in philosophy and law. Students will enhance their ability to recognize, understand, and analyze the ethical and legal dimensions of business activity. They will gain skills that are valuable in the growing ethics and compliance industry, and that will prepare them to be more reflective and thoughtful business professionals.
|PH 310||Ethical Theory||3|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|White Collar Crime|
|Choose one of the following:||3|
|Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Business Ethics: Philosophy of Work|
|Business Ethics: International Business Ethics|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor/major combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor/major exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives or Context and Perspectives courses. Courses fulfilling Business Dynamics or Business Environment requirements can only apply to the Business Administration minor.
- Courses fulfilling Foundations for Success requirements may not be applied to a minor.
- The electives guide defines all classes designated as Arts and Sciences and Business. A business course can apply to an unrestricted elective requirement but cannot serve as an arts and science elective. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Business Administration major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course not taken at Bentley (from sources such as transfer, IB, AP, course away, non-Bentley study abroad program, etc.) to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of three minors including the required Business Administration minor.
- A single course may only apply to one minor.
- To be awarded a minor, students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor. See the exception for the Business Administration Minor below.
- A minor may not be declared after a student has been awarded their bachelor's degree.
- Please note: some courses have prerequisites that must be completed before beginning the minor and some minor requirements/electives have prerequisites that must be completed.
Policy on Business Administration Minor
All students will automatically be enrolled in a Business Administration minor. In order to graduate with a designated minor, a student must earn a 2.00 GPA for the courses comprising the minor. All Bentley students are required to successfully complete the courses for the Business Administration minor (grade of D- or above), no matter what major(s) they select, as part of their requirements. Students who pass the required courses for the Business Administration minor, but do not meet the minimum required 2.00 GPA, will have the minor removed as a program of study prior to being awarded an undergraduate degree.