Minor in Information and Process Management
The Minor in Information and Process Management (IPM) is designed to add valuable skills in tools, methods and technologies that support information and process management in organizations. Business processes and information technology are the key enablers of firms’ performance and their ability to compete in the marketplace. The IPM minor will prepare students to effectively work with information and process management professionals.
|Select three of the followiing:||9|
|Adding Value with Information and Processes|
|Information Security and Computer Forensics|
|Decision Support and Business Intelligence|
|Special Topics in IPM|
|Seminar in IPM|
|Enterprise Systems Configuration for Business|
|Select one Arts and Sciences course from the following list:||3|
|Introduction to Data and Information Management|
|Technology, Society and Work|
|Probability Models for Business Decision-Making|
|Applied Business Statistics|
Other relevant courses--subject to minor coordinator approval
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.