Minor in Computer Information Systems
The CIS Minor has been designed to prepare the non-CIS major to be an effective contributor to the implementation and management of information systems related to their major disciplines.
|CS 150||Introduction to Data and Information Management 1||3|
|CS 213||The World Wide Web 1||3|
|Select two of the following for which prerequisites have been met:||6|
|Introduction to Programming with Python|
|Programming Fundamentals 1|
|Business Processing and Communications Infrastructure 1|
|Object-Oriented Application Development 1|
|Database Management Systems|
|Business Systems Analysis and Modeling|
|Advanced Net-Centric Computing|
|Applied Software Project Management|
Arts and Sciences courses
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.