Bentley University: An Overview
One of the nation’s leading business universities, Bentley is dedicated to preparing a new kind of organizational leader. It combines the study of business with the arts and sciences, enhanced by state-of-the-art technology and wide-ranging opportunities to learn by doing. Students graduate as accomplished, creative and ethical professionals ready for rewarding careers and meaningful lives.
Set on a classic New England campus located minutes from Boston, the university enrolls approximately 4,200 undergraduate, 1,300 graduate and 32 doctoral students.
Points of Distinction
Bentley holds a distinctive place among educational institutions worldwide. The university’s strengths reside in four particular areas:
Courses integrate business with the arts and sciences, to foster critical thinking, cultural understanding and other skills integral to life and work in the 21st century.
Internships, study abroad programs, service-learning assignments and corporate immersion courses offer firsthand experience addressing genuine challenges in business and society.
In an unmatched suite of technology labs, students gain a working knowledge of industry-leading hardware and software in finance, marketing, information design, accounting and other fields.
The university’s nationally ranked career-planning program unfolds over a student’s four years. They identify goals, build skills and explore professions to leverage their education for years to come.
Vision and Mission
Bentley University creates knowledge within and across business and the arts and sciences, to groom a new generation of leaders for the corporate and nonprofit worlds — and well beyond. The university’s hallmarks include:
- A unified faculty in business and the arts and sciences, with deep expertise in their respective disciplines and an abiding commitment to the educational mission;
- Academic programs and research with an international reputation for quality and impact;
- An emphasis on the “triple bottom line” of people, planet and profit;
- A strong embrace of diversity and its role in fostering creativity, innovation and appreciation for multiple viewpoints;
- Students ready to excel in complex and dynamic environments through their capacity to initiate and lead value-creating change.
Ready to Lead and Succeed
Graduates of Bentley University are talented and ethical individuals who make significant contributions in their own organizations and communities, and within the broader society. Students build skills through academic courses and state-of-the-art high-tech labs and experience-based opportunities such as education abroad and service-learning.
In a variety of ways and settings, students gain the ability to:
- Examine situations and issues from different perspectives;
- Understand and apply data and other forms of information to decision-making;
- Use technology to full advantage;
- Connect people and ideas;
- Operate comfortably with ambiguity and risk; and
- Work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.