The UX Minor prepares non-IDCC students to apply essential experience design ideas and methods in any field and organization. The UX Minor works well with any other major.
|IDCC 225||Designing Experiences||3|
|IDCC 375||User Interface Design||3|
|IDCC 386||Investigations in Experience Design||3|
|Elective (Choose one)||3|
|Fundamentals of Design|
|Web Design I: Information Design, Principles and Practices|
|Elements of Usability and User Experience|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor/major combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor/major exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives or Context and Perspectives courses. Courses fulfilling Business Dynamics or Business Environment requirements can only apply to the Business Administration minor.
- Courses fulfilling Foundations for Success requirements may not be applied to a minor.
- The electives guide defines all classes designated as Arts and Sciences and Business. A business course can apply to an unrestricted elective requirement but cannot serve as an arts and science elective. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Business Administration major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course not taken at Bentley (from sources such as transfer, IB, AP, course away, non-Bentley study abroad program, etc.) to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of three minors including the required Business Administration minor.
- A single course may only apply to one minor.
- To be awarded a minor, students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor. See the exception for the Business Administration Minor below.
- A minor may not be declared after a student has been awarded their bachelor's degree.
- Please note: some courses have prerequisites that must be completed before beginning the minor and some minor requirements/electives have prerequisites that must be completed.
Policy on Business Administration Minor
All students will automatically be enrolled in a Business Administration minor. In order to graduate with a designated minor, a student must earn a 2.00 GPA for the courses comprising the minor. All Bentley students are required to successfully complete the courses for the Business Administration minor (grade of D- or above), no matter what major(s) they select, as part of their requirements. Students who pass the required courses for the Business Administration minor, but do not meet the minimum required 2.00 GPA, will have the minor removed as a program of study prior to being awarded an undergraduate degree.