Minor in Marketing
The Minor in Marketing is designed to offer both breadth and flexibility in accommodating specific student learning and career interests. Students must meet with the Marketing Minor coordinator to discuss selection of appropriate courses to strengthen their major area of study.
|Select two of the following Foundation of Marketing courses:||6|
|Select one Applied Marketing or Professional Sales course from the following:||3|
|Select an additional Applied Marketing or Professional Sales course (above) or one Arts and Sciences course from the following:||3|
|Theories of Persuasion|
|Introduction to Media Theory|
|Global Media Industries|
|Selected Topics in Media Studies|
|Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Business Ethics: International Business Ethics|
|Media, Culture and Society|
|Popular Culture in Consumer Societies|
|Applied Business Statistics|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.