Minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication
With a Minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication, students may select from more than 27 courses in oral, written or visual communication. Areas covered include public relations, Internet journalism, web design, information architecture, international corporate communication, technical communication, persuasion, mass media, and intercultural communication.
|COM 210||Effective Speaking||3|
|Two IDCC courses 1||6|
|Select an additional IDCC course or one IDCC-related course from the following:||3|
|Arts and Society|
|Perspectives on Global Commerce|
|Interpersonal Relations in Management 2|
|Leadership, Power and Politics in Organizations 2|
|Consumer Behavior 2|
|Media, Culture and Society|
Notes: All COM classes are classified as Arts and Sciences.
All IDCC classes are classified as Business.
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course (from sources such as transfer, IB or AP) not taken at Bentley or as part of a Bentley-approved study abroad program to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.