The Business Studies Minor is designed to provide students earning an Arts and Sciences degree some basic foundational knowledge in business. The minor provides an academic credential that demonstrates a basic familiarity with the functional areas of business and with business terminology, concepts, and problems. Actuarial Science, Data Analytics, English, Health Studies, History, International Affairs, Mathematical Sciences, Language, Culture and Business, Media and Culture, Philosophy, Public Policy, and Sustainability Sciences majors must complete either the Business Studies Major or Business Studies Minor. Students completing a major in a business discipline may not complete the Business Studies Minor. Students who choose a minor in Business Studies have room on their DRS to complete a second minor of their choice.
|GB 110||Legal and Ethical Environment of Business||3|
|GB 112||Tools and Concepts in Accounting and Finance||3|
|GB 212||Practice and Applications in Accounting and Finance||3|
|GB 213||Business Statistics||3|
|GB 214||Marketing-Operations Fundamentals||3|
|or GB 215||Human Behavior and Organizations|
Policies Related to Minors
- Some major/minor combinations are prohibited. See the major/minor exclusions list for more information.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor can be applied as a business-related elective, arts and sciences electives, unrestricted electives, the humanities/social science elective or the mathematics/natural sciences elective.
- The electives guide defines all classes as either arts and sciences or business. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an awareness of where courses taken for a minor apply to their degree requirements.
- Courses fulfilling General Education requirements (except the humanities/social science elective and the math/natural science elective) may not be applied to a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill the modern language requirement for BA students cannot be applied to a minor.
- Courses fulfilling Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor (except for the Business Studies Minor).
- A course taken under the Pass/Fail/D policy may be applied to the minor.
- Major courses (including courses applied to the Liberal Studies Major or Business Studies Major) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one course not taken at Bentley (from sources such as transfer, IB, AP, course away, non-Bentley study abroad program, etc.) to the minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of two minors. A course may only apply to one minor.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the minor.
- A minor may not be declared after a student has been awarded their bachelor's degree.